Total Pageviews

Thursday 17 April 2014

God Who Knows

















Noon Bell

Breaks radio silence, thickens
in fog, tasks through the transom
of my head.

Sad eyed lady lay down.
There are no answers other than

these.

What’s this shell I’ve found
have to do with

God who knows.

Late march, winter takes spring back,
snow falls through the
streetlamp’s halo.

Sad eyed lady I gave you the shell I
set on the bookshelf to remind me

of her.

Hour’s in my skull like a newborn’s
crying, wolf-vicious, a wintering

only God who knows.

I can’t unwind a road
to take you back to the sea I named
for her.

I turn you down a grey street toward
the widening mouth of your life,

may you find

flat green stone, driftwood smooth
your palm leaves no trace, no spaces,

only God who knows

the part of anything that doesn’t
give, the fear alone, no echo
in the wideness

of this world.

1 comment:

  1. Yout pictures are amazing, your words are too. im no writer but i have put together a little blog http://srcibblesofthesoul.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete